Chief of Staff - Chief Business Officer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff (COS) to serve as the right hand (wo)man of Embark's Chief Business Officer. The CBO's team is responsible for creating the partnership ecosystem that will allow Embark's software to be commercialized at scale. In this role, you'll work alongside the CBO in everything they do and will help them stay on top of a fast changing priority list.
The ideal candidate is a generalist with an eye for detail, a willingness to get into the weeds, and a record of excellence in whatever they do. This individual must have the ability to think strategically, build trusted working relationships, communicate clearly, and possess strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Planning the CBO agenda and ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Plan and execute on quarterly CBO team OKRs
- Creating partner pitch decks
- Writing project memos for the executive team
- Sitting in on internal and external CBO meetings
- Helping recruit candidates into new roles
- Parachuting into urgent/important areas of opportunity across the organization
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, VC/PE/growth fund, Big Tech, or startups
- Experience managing cross-functional projects from inception to execution to close-out
- Experience developing presentations and strategic narratives for executives or senior level stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with changes in scale, scope, and project deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for autonomous vehicles and the logistics, transportation and trucking industry
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights:
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Embark provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.