Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Manager, Sales Development
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a Manager of Sales Development. You will work closely with the Directors of Inside Sales to guide and build our inside sales practice. You will also coordinate cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, and design to bridge the gap between product and revenue.
- Manage a team of 8 - 10 direct reports, including on-boarding, continued training & education, coaching & performance management, and career development
- Develop, maintain, and optimize SDR processes for outbound prospecting, including individual & team best practices
- Tweak existing processes and create new ones to address problems you, your team and the Management team have identified. Roll out processes, train your team on best practices, and track / analyze results
- Analyze team and individual metrics to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Train and mentor our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) on prospecting tactics, time management, objection handling, and Salesforce
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional peers for you and your team (Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, Territory Development)
- Interview prospective SDR candidates
- Help develop career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of SDR / SaaS sales experience as a top performer and/or minimum of 2+ years of sales enablement, sales training and/or consulting experience
- At least 1 year of management experience
- Familiarity with Gong.io, Outreach, Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Sendoso, Builtwith
- Proven track record in creating, delivering, and training successfully with measurable results in fast paced environments
- Strong ability to summarize and communicate complex ideas into curriculum with a strong sense of how sales professionals think, operate and absorb training
- Passion for coaching and educating others
- Strong process and analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and create improvements
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.