Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, action driven Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure team. As a member of the team, your work will empower teams at Attentive to quickly build scalable, secure, and performant services.
This team is tasked with owning, operating and expanding the data storage and data streaming services in use at Attentive. Our responsibilities are both to understand the performance behavior of these technologies themselves (e.g. Postgres, Apache Airflow, Apache Druid) as well as to improve the ecosystem for managing them (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins). Our goal is to enable teams in our microservices architecture to move with full confidence in the availability and integrity of their data.
You at Attentive:
- You have been working in the areas of Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps / Infrastructure and have a solid understanding of best practices
- You have experience building infrastructure in a microservices architecture
- You have a background in software development and are passionate about bringing that experience to bear on the world of infrastructure
- You appreciate the importance of process design and observability in preventing production incidents
- You have experience operating databases or stateful services such as Postgres, Kinesis, Kafka, or Apache Pulsar either as a system administrator or power user
- You can troubleshoot and track from metrics and logs to root causes
- You default to action and believe in blameless post-incident analysis
- You have a passion for collaboration and enjoy educating others about best practices
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.