Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our products and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
The orchestration group aims to build, improve, optimize and scale core infrastructure services powering Robinhood while reducing risk and improving resiliency. Furthermore, this group enables new capabilities that help teams build tools and platforms on top of infrastructure abstractions to unlock momentum, reduce risk, and help the business move fast. We are a heavy opensource first team, with multiple members in the team, contributing(code and issues) to opensource projects like Kubernetes, CoreDNS, Prometheus and other cloud native projects.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood's talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Add new engineers to the team by working with other recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood's processes and systems for product development
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- 1+ year of people management experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for a business-critical system.
- Experience managing a small to medium size team of engineers.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- Passionate about mentorship and growing people.
- A focus on software engineering craftsmanship such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Eagerness to learn and use new technologies and share with the team.
- Experience building larger technical teams from scratch.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong open source contributions.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and Vault.
- Python and Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.