We are looking for experienced BI personnel to take us to the next level in our Business Intelligence Operations. Our BI Engineers handle everything from data architecture and modeling to data pipeline tooling and dashboarding. You will be a thought leader regarding the best approach to delight our internalreporting and data users whilst meeting very strict data security and data quality requirements. By implementing dashboards, structures, and data warehouse architecture; the BI team serves as the foundation for decision-making at 23andMe. It will be your responsibility to ensure that 23andMe operates with a flexible, scalable, secured and manageable enterprise reporting platform.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Engage with internal users spanning all in-scope subject areas to capture reporting/data requirements.
- Promote data, analytics, and data model design best practices.
- Influence the design and operation of source systems to ensure that both are compatible with the data warehouse and business intelligence system.
- Establish best practice management techniques and environments for the development of business intelligence projects.
- Collaborate with IT on the likes of installs, upgrades, system configuration and administration.
- Experience in delivering automated reports using reporting or data visualization tools such as MicoStrategy,Tableau or AWS QuickSight.
- Work on Proof of Concept (PoC) on alternative reporting tools/services.
- Standardize business and product metric definitions in curated and optimized datasets in collaboration with subject matter analysts embedded in other teams.
- Continuously build and improve ETL jobs to hit performance and SLA targets.
- Manage a portfolio of tools which empower analysts and data scientists across the company.
- Create dashboards that help our teams understand the performance of the business and help them make decisions.
- Work in an AWS environment using technologies like EMR, Kafka/Kinesis, AirFlow, Glue, S3, Redshift, or DynamoDB.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a closely related field.
- 7+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, research or related fields.
- Able to take the lead on the technical solution to a complex business problem. They can design the right analytics strategy, define the necessary data set, implement, and deliver. Examples can be a refactor or a new analytics process (e.g., data model, data architecture, data flow design, analysis and self-service tool, as applicable).
- Advanced knowledge in a variety of industry analytics and metrics visualization tools - Microstrategy,Tableau,Quicksight
- Experience using AWS technologies (Redshift, S3,Glue)
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse implementation
- Good analytical skills with excellent knowledge of advanced SQL.
- Proficiency with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related field.
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
- Experience with Airflow and Kinesis is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and experience building on AWS QuickSight.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.