Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Head of Intelligence & Investigations
About the company
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood’s Security and Privacy Engineering Organization is looking for a stellar Engineering Leader to help build and lead our Threat Intelligence and Investigations team. The Intelligence and Investigations Team is focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to and from threats to Robinhood, our customers, our data and systems. We collaborate across the business to build detection capabilities and analyze how abuse happens so that we can stay ahead of our threat actors.
You will guide and mentor the team as they investigate complicated cyber-attacks, searching for the fingerprints of threat actors, fraud rings, APTs and cyber-crime groups. You will lead them to conduct analysis, attribution of tools and infrastructures, and extraction of IOCs. You will be an example of strong collaboration with other researchers, developers, and engineers to uplevel our capabilities.
The Intelligence and Investigations team is looking for an Engineering Leader who is deeply passionate about this space to build the systems, lead the hunts, analyze the data, run investigations, and lead healthy teams to lead this critical effort.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Work with technical leads to develop strategies, programs, systems and tools that prevent or disrupt abuse at scale and consult on mitigations to effect those strategies
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design of threat intelligence and investigations
- Get creative: what can we be tracking that we're not?
- Uplevel our ability to triage, respond, and understand advanced threat actors and the tools they use
- Work with our cross-functional partners in Legal, Operations, Physical Security, Communications, Compliance, and Engineering
- Stay up to date on the direction of emerging security issues
- Oversee the initiation, planning, design, and execution of threat hunting
- Be the face of and subject matter expert for the services your team provides to Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, and Executive teams
- Identify sponsorship opportunities to strengthen our brand and connections to community
- Inform our understanding of previously unidentified threat types through the production of strategic and tactical intelligence, and its dissemination to the appropriate audiences
- Lead threat modeling; understanding and communicating results while maintaining trust
- Mentor and grow the members of your team for their immediate and long-term careers
- Recruit top-tier talent at all levels of seniority
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 4+ years of experience in people management
- A solid foundation in information security, political science, social science, and/or financial crimes
- BS in computer science, a related technical/social science field, or equivalent experience
- International experience a plus
- A passion for Robinhood and the products we produce
- Stellar program management skills; the ability to plan, manage, and maintain an organization-wide program over the longer term
- Advanced threat modeling skills
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.