Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We are looking for Software Engineers to work within our Security team to build tools and services that secure our platform and our users. You will be building large-scale systems to protect Robinhood customers. You will play a critical role in developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users' data and information is secured using the best mechanisms available.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Building tools and services that secure our platform and protect our users from attacks such as account takeover and phishing
- Building microservices for core infrastructure (authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring)
- Design and engineer cloud security services and infrastructure
- Working with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Working with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Working with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build intelligence tools to predict and prevent potential attacks against the platform
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2022
- Proficiency in Python, Go or similar programming language.
- Familiarity in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience with AWS or other cloud systems
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, or Incident Response teams
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, GoLang as the main languages and frameworks
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Kafka for event streaming
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The role associated with the above job description is subject to possible modification due to the shelter-in-place restrictions as a result of the pandemic.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).