Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
This role will be responsible for developing and executing on the strategy for operations in the UK, including: developing a winning bid for expanding into new UK towns and cities, executing on smooth market launches and being responsible for ongoing operational performance. This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Bird, requiring a diverse set of policy, operational, analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities.
If you are up to the task, able to think on your feet, manage through ambiguity/adversity of a quickly shifting and growing industry, and manage and develop high performing teams - all while delivering results, we want to speak with you!
- Develop a winning Strategy for the UK: Engage with Council Stakeholders & Work with local lobbyists and partners to position Bird as the most attractive e-scooter operator for towns and cities within the UK.
- Market Launches: Deliver world class fleet operations within your markets, managing all aspects of local operations and optimising for efficiency and utilisation of Bird vehicles
- Operations: Manage the UK Operations team across our live markets
- Performance Management: Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost rider base, rides, and revenue in a dynamic, highly competitive space
- Council & Community Partnerships: Develop and build strong relationships with local Councils, advocacy and resident groups. Represent Bird in the community, local media, and in communication with key city stakeholders
- Tender Writing: Support on tender submissions using local expertise to develop winning strategies and processes.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, government relations, communications, data science, business development) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
- Team Management: Recruit and build a thriving local operations team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimising processes, and delivering business goals or,
- 5+ years of public policy, lobbying or experience working within the National transport authority
- 3+ years of managing a team
- Goal focused with a strong bias toward action
- High EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- Passion for Bird, its role improving city environments, and an interest in the “share economy” and platform methodology
- Knowledge or experience in the shared mobility space is a plus
- Policy or media experience is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.