Ironclad builds contracts solutions that empower legal teams to do more legal work, less paperwork.
Financial Planning & Analysis Lead
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and BOND. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At Ironclad, Finance is about leveraging numbers to unlock key business insights. We are a small, yet mighty group driving decision making & company strategy through financial data. As a key member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for critical thinking & analysis to drive organizational decision-making. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest-priority business issues and gain understanding of every facet of a hyper growth SaaS business through cross-functional work.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial business reviews for executive management targeting areas of potential shortfalls or opportunitiesIdentify and monitor key sales, marketing, & customer success unit economic metrics such as ARR, ACV, DRR, cost to serve, payback period, and others.
- Guide core FP&A activities including reporting, business analyses, budgeting/planning.
- Drive alignment on KPIs and key metrics to track department-specific and company-wide trends, growth initiatives, business performance, and visibility into operating performance.
- Assist with capital planning efforts, corporate finance, and investor relations.
- Utilize Ironclad’s digital contracting platform to leverage contracting data for revenue & financial use cases.
- Flex creative muscles in applying data & numbers to tell the financial story of the company.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, VC/PE, corporate planning, business finance, FP&A or related fields — preferably for a B2B and/or recurring SaaS business.
- Financial modeling ability from GTM funnel activities (i.e. sales attainment & capacity) to revenue forecasting.
- Strong understanding of GAAP revenue recognition standards and frameworks.
- Ability to quickly identify and methodically resolve potential cross functional roadblocks with a proficiency in speaking in trade-offs.
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills, along with the ability to clearly communicate messages that link business issues, financial results, and strategy at the executive level.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.