Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Sr. Director, Google Cloud Alliance [Remote - AMER]
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and high-impact Google Cloud alliances leader to join our Ecosystems and Business Development leadership team.
This person will shape and own the overarching strategy and execution for our Google cloud relationship, and engage and align cross-functional leaders at Confluent on prioritization of investments. The ideal candidate will have an impressive track record in creating - and successfully delivering against - aggressive multi-year cloud partnership plans.
What You'll Do:
- Lead - and own accountability for - the global relationship between Google Cloud and Confluent
- Accelerate sales bookings, foster joint product innovation, drive joint marketing, and overall business impact for both organizations
- Develop and execute an aggressive business plan with Google Cloud, outlining an overarching alliance strategy, including product and solution roadmaps, GTM, and sales and consumption targets
- Ensure that Confluent is optimally positioned within the Google Cloud products and program structure, including the broader Google Cloud ecosystem
- Based on deep knowledge of Google Cloud GTM and sales motions, build and scale the global GTM and sales model for the partnership
- Build a direct and virtual alliance partner team that effectively executes the joint business plan
- Work with regional sales and partner teams to ensure successful local engagement on customer opportunities
- Develop, as needed, joint value proposition messaging and assets with Google Cloud
- Work closely with product, partner marketing, and technical SMEs
- Recruit executive sponsors and key executive supporters within Google Cloud and Confluent to create a strong governance structure to support the execution of the partnership
What We're Looking For:
- Outstanding track record of establishing and driving strategic partnership(s) between Google Cloud and ISVs
- Proven success in building ambitious, compelling, multi-year, and multi-dimensional business plans between Google Cloud and ISVs
- Ability to think strategically and being willing to roll up sleeves to execute at the tactical level (‘get it done’ attitude)
- Demonstrated success in driving GTM and sales/revenue impact, including sourced pipeline, working with Google Cloud stakeholders at different levels, and additional channel partners
- Experience in working cross-functionally with Product, Product/Partner Marketing, and technical SMEs to align and develop joint value propositions with Google Cloud
- Strong knowledge of Google Cloud strategy, products, organizational and operating models, including Marketplaces Strong executive presence
- Knowledge of SaaS, Enterprise, Mid-market segment nuances, and programmatic models to scale
- Ability to drive cross-functional and global teams to achieve desired outcomes such as influenced bookings, new pipeline, logos, marketing leads, etc.
- Comfortable navigating and driving initiatives with large industry players while driving business/sales impact
- Experience working at executive levels to shape and align strategic agenda
- Experience working globally - in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific
- Strong matrix-management orientation and collaboration skills Experience with negotiating large and complex deals with industry leaders
- Excellent communicator at all organization levels
- Minimum of 10-years of related experience in Business Development and Partner Management. At least 4 years working with Cloud and Platform Partners. 2+ years of Google Cloud experience is a must.
- BA/BS degree required
- MBA preferred
- Experience in selling enterprise software required
- Experience with Open Source, Data, Analytics products is preferred.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.