Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Class A Driver who will optimize operations for thousands of tests to ensure safety and provide valuable feedback to engineers that improves our product.
In this role, you will
- Ensure the safe operation of autonomous semi trucks.
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data to improve the technology.
- Stay on top of countless daily changes, both big and small.
- Safely operate test trucks for up to 10 hours a day to evaluate and help improve our technology.
- Share detailed feedback on our technology & top priorities with engineers and managers.
- Be the voice of Aurora to self-driving enthusiasts & curious onlookers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience testing and/or commercially driving trucks.
- Safety-first focus with both a valid U.S. Driver’s License and Class-A Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License (clean driving record with 0 violation points required).
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, not always planned far in advance; overtime is required.
- Frequent overnight travel may be required.
- Must pass pre-employment, post-incident, and randomized drug testing.
- Ability to monitor alpha software on a laptop and type in a moving vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Proven record of success thriving in a team setting.
- Truck driver trainer/instructor, or truck technician experience.
- Expertise in vehicle technology -- for instance, EV and/or Electric Trucks, personal or academic technology integration projects.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.