Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Head of Corporate Communications
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 2,000 innovative companies like Paychex, PayPal, Hubspot, LinkedIn, MuleSoft, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Gong, a late-stage unicorn company recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list and backed by prominent venture capitalists, is looking for a Head of Corporate Communications to join our fast-growing Marketing team and elevate our brand. Your primary responsibility will be to tell Gong’s company and product story to a broadening, high-level audience in order to drive awareness of the new software category of revenue intelligence and showcase Gong as the category leader. You will work intimately with our executive leadership team to showcase their voices. Your stories will reach millions of people both in the US and as we expand globally. The result of your work will elevate Gong’s brand, drive product awareness, and support our hiring efforts.
To date, Gong has been featured in leading publications such as The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, and more. We are looking for you to continue this momentum and take our media relations and brand to the next level!
Ideal candidates for the role have deep public relations and media experience, ideally with both agency and in-house experience. Passion for storytelling is a critical aspect for this position. Given the role will not have agency support to start, candidates with pre-existing relationships with reporters is a must.
- Develop Gong’s strategy for media relations
- Create a messaging framework for Gong’s media strategy that ties to relevant societal, technology, and media themes
- Write press releases, bylines, blog posts, and other key pieces of content
- Lead the identification, development, pitching and placement of Gong-related stories in top-tier business and financial media worldwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Managing press opportunities through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople and tracking through the publishing process.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key media contacts with the goal of getting Gong placed in top media outlets
- Create metrics to measure success and impact of corporate communications
- 12+ years of experience in corporate communications, preferably at a high-growth B2B technology company
- A consistent track record of pitching and securing top-tier press
- Pre-existing relationships with reporters in the business and technology sectors
- Natural storyteller who can take complex topics and make them easy to digest
- Strategic problem solver; intelligent and creative
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and interact with key internal stakeholders including Gong executives and marketing peers, as well as external media partners
- Sound business judgment; knows what makes compelling press work
- Well-informed about innovative practices in PR
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Humanities preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment.
- Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.