Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The General Manager is the P&L owner and primary team development champion for Bird’s business in the DACH region. The GM sets the ongoing strategy for maximizing top- and bottom-line impact; specifically, ensuring we have vehicles ready and in the right places to maximize revenue. This position is responsible for oversight of in-region KPIs and for leading or contributing to cross-functional strategy work groups aimed to improve the business outcomes. This explicitly includes close collaboration with the policy team to help define and execute the policy strategy in the DACH region. This is a leadership role within Bird both in supporting the right business outcomes for Bird as well as driving the development and progression of their direct reports.
- Manage a minimum of a five person team tasked with driving hitting forecasted goals and the right business outcomes for their designated markets. This role is in charge of driving professional development for their team through routine feedback and candor.
- Operational expert with ability to lead all roles that report into the GM with empathy by getting into the weeds with their team as they focus on FM customer experience, regulatory compliance, utilization and growth initiatives, inventory management, etc.
- Strategic leader maximizing operational impact and key strategic partner of policy team to define and implement policy focus areas.
- Leads or influences cross-functional "sprints" and special projects to accelerate the success of the business including hardware, product, supply chain, inventory, growth, customer experience & support, government relationships, and sales.
- External face of the company towards key stakeholders, incl. most relevant cities, media and potentially Fleet Management partners
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in operations, strategy, supply chain, and/or consulting
- 5+ year of people management experience
- Extremely high EQ with the ability to lead & influence in a cross-collaborative environment
- Data driven, driving the right outcomes from data back decision making
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.