Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Engineering Leader, Backend [Remote - AMER]
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a leader who can drive the charter of bridging data connectivity between various data systems and Kafka. You will drive development towards modernizing the Apache Kafka connect framework to make it more scalable and reliable as well as deliver highly scalable Confluent Connectors for cloud and enterprise customers.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams.
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor and handle performance management.
- Experience with running large stateful data systems in the cloud.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development.
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Should be able to move fast, build in increments and iterate. Have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills. Able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Experience running production services in public clouds.
- Ability to influence the team, peers and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques. Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.