The Wing is a network of work and community spaces designed for women.
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
The Wing is a growing community of professionals, artists and change agents from across the globe, who find sanctuary and productivity at our beautiful, shared workspaces, meaningful connections through our networking opportunities, career growth through our job platform and perhaps most importantly, support and camaraderie through sharing strategies and resources.
Our vision is to create a space for our members to thrive and improve their lives by helping them pursue their ambition, grow their careers and forge meaningful connections that last a lifetime-giving them the space to soar!
The Wing is looking for an energetic leader to add to our team who brings a passion for excellence, an entrepreneurial spirit and experience in all facets of our business as we expand our reach and grow.
Why The Wing?
At The Wing, we know that people are more than just their resume. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the below. If your career has taken some unconventional paths, that's okay! Your passions and skills will stand out and this is what will set you apart. Here we believe that our team members should do good work and thrive and we understand that a robust benefits package and employee perks matter. We offer the following attractive employee perks to our employees:
∙ Career development planning and advancement
∙ Inclusive and dynamic business culture
∙ Flexible work hours
∙ Autonomy to thrive and build
∙ Comprehensive benefits package
∙ And More!
- Are you enthusiastic about people and enjoy creating exceptional customer experiences?
- Do you consider yourself to have keen social perceptiveness and excellent verbal and non verbal communications skills?
- Are you an organized multi tasker who enjoys variety and teamwork?
- Are you excited about the ability to relaunch a business and utilize your startup experience to grow the business?
- Do you have high emotional intelligence and think critically before making decisions?
- Are you solution oriented and have a passion for problem solving?
- Are you reliable and punctual?
Your key performance objectives:
- Ensure high customer satisfaction- Anticipate and be attentive to the needs of community members. Ensure the space is running efficiently, clean, and has a hospitality atmosphere. When handling complaints lead with empathy, timely communication, a comprehensive knowledge of the house rules, and think critically about when and how to escalate issues.
- Build flourishing communities- Help create an intentional and inclusive environment aligned to the needs of members and fellow team members.
- Demonstrate operational excellence- Be highly adept in executing day-to-day business operation functions, while upholding policies and procedures - this includes but is not limited to:
- Assisting with managing an efficient flow of service during busy times
- Performing duties of logistics and engagement as needed, flexing where directed
- Greeting and checking in members and their guests at the front desk
- Providing tours to new members as needed
- Performing basic administrative and customer service duties: answering phones, responding to emails & inquiries, delivering messages, etc.
- Assisting with merch transactions in the space as well as maintaining the visual display
- Receiving packages and deliveries
- Conducting sweeps of the Space throughout the day, checking in on members and ensuring that all areas in the Space are presentable and ‘member ready’
- Maintaining the beauty of our space, clean and maintain all common areas, including front desk, lockers, bookshelves, bathrooms, floors, furniture, and light fixtures throughout the day in accordance with company brand standards and checklists
- Supporting events setup and breakdown as needed
- Performing all cashier duties, such as taking and ringing up orders correctly and efficiently
- Demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the menu, and be able to answer any and all questions about the dishes, their contents, and possible modifications
- Ability to prepare all beverages in accordance with standards set forth by The Wing
- Serving food to tables, bus tables, wash and store dishes and silverware
- Keeping the environment welcoming to members, adjusting lighting, shades, and music throughout the day as needed
- Reporting inventory
- Deep cleaning bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms
- Restocking and organizing products throughout the Space
You have proven performance in:
- Hospitality, retail or customer service role
- Making quick but sound judgements and decisions
- Customer satisfaction
- Basic tech skills
- Teamwork and working cross functionally
Nice to have, but not required:
- Extensive hospitality background
- Experience in high volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to carry up to 30lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for long stretches of time
Your unique experiences are valuable. Any additional skills you have that aren’t on our qualifications list could make you a top candidate and supersede our pre-written qualifications. We encourage you to apply.
Your career path:
Career growth for individuals that succeed in this role could potentially look like: Team Member → Senior Team Member → Shift Manager
What do you want to do next in your career? Opportunities are endless here at The Wing. Come build with us!
Join The Wing talent community:
Not ready to apply just yet? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive job alerts that match your interest or reach out on specific questions regarding this role.
At The Wing, we welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. The Wing is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.