Conversational marketing platform.
San Francisco, CA, US
OFFICE: BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES, SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Drift has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role/ About the team:
Drift’s product organization includes engineering, design, and product management. We are hiring our first Product Operations role to strengthen our rapidly growing team. We’re looking for someone with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity, and great communication skills to create smooth internal processes, empower PMs, Designers, and Engineers with data, and ensure our customers find value in Drift. The right candidate will bring Operations experience from the B2B domain to answer complex business questions using data, identify strategic opportunities to accelerate progress, and report on our KPIs. If you are a positive, curious and motivated person who likes a fast-paced environment, enjoys problem-solving, and has the urge to improve processes on an ongoing basis, you will enjoy this Product Operations role.
What you will do on the Product Ops Team:
- Partner with Product leadership across functions (PM, Design, Engineering, but also interface with GTM groups) to ensure that our various teams run smoothly and have the resources they need to succeed as we grow
- Develop a consistent method to track product health metrics and customer adoption metrics to drive our planning
- Identify likely root causes for key product health gaps (using quantitative and qualitative data) and present recommendations to address them
- Collect, quantify & prioritize product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development. Uplevel the understanding of how the product is being used in the real world
In one month, you’ll:
- Go through extensive company-wide training on how things work at Drift, who our customers are and how our products work.
- Meet with Product and GTM Leaders to understand current states of their businesses, and start to identify areas for improvement
- Learn all key components of our customer journey, and our key customer and product health metrics.
- Begin to attend and participate in key Product Operations routines
By month 3, you’ll:
- Participate and start to take an ownership role of key Product Operations planning routines/cadences as well as metrics tracking and communications
- Identify product health gaps or inefficiencies in how we market, sell, onboard customers on our products – where are things falling through the cracks? Where can we reduce friction?
By month 6, you’ll:
- Own key functions related to planning across the Product organization
- Plan, execute, and measure specific Product planning projects in conjunction with Product leaders
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in Product Operations or related functions in a B2B Technology organization
- B2B company experience: scaling an organization through significant growth
- Demonstrable mastery of reporting and analysis methods and tools (Excel/Sheets, SF Dashboards & Reporting, Looker/Tableau, SQL)
- You have a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs
- You are a self-starter with a voracious appetite to learn and grow
- You are able to translate complex data into simple insights, and communicate them effectively
- You are methodical in your routine and pride yourself in the accuracy of your work
- You are curious -- you want to be the person who solves the problem
- You can adapt to rapidly-changing environments and work with cross-functional teams
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com