Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with a builder mindset and incredible media relations skills to join the passionate and creative team at Bird. This person will play an active role in many aspects of the integrated communications group. Based in Germany, the successful candidate will manage Bird’s public relations efforts across multiple projects and initiatives in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. They will work closely with multiple teams throughout the organization including operations, public affairs, marketing and government partnerships. This individual must be a smart and strategic communicator who has first class media relations and can create and manage campaigns, events, and launches; develop presentations; and thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
- The PR Lead will support and drive communications to raise brand awareness throughout Germany, Austria and Switzerland and manage press opportunities, communicating new city launches and doing campaigns in our existing ones across our business platforms in DACH.
- They will work closely with Government Partnerships, Legal, Marketing and the Regional General Manager to manage aspects of Bird’s Consumer, Tech, Business and Government Relations media strategy and communications activities.
- The candidate will play an important role in developing and advancing the organization’s communications and PR strategies while ensuring everything remains on track.
- The right candidate will own media opportunities from start to finish, including the pitching of press, booking of press tours and dinners, management of press calls, providing onsite event support, and identification and cultivation of leading media targets.
- Implement forward-thinking messaging and communications plans to achieve Bird’s goals for audiences including riders, media, political decision-makers and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to Bird’s speaking and awards programming by identifying, recommending and securing speaking and award opportunities and events for Bird spokespeople.
- Manage content development and creation, including drafting media outreach materials, editorial briefs, talking points, op-eds, speeches, presentations - and will work with the General Manager to prep for media opportunities.
- BA required
- Native German speaker and English fluency; other languages are a plus.
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions in order to make cities more livable
- 6+ years of experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, startup culture
- Accountability for actions and sees projects through to completion
- Solutions-oriented approach and with an understanding of how to best prioritize tasks or assignments
- High level of organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to use those skills across a number of mediums
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.