Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Strategy & Analytics Manager - Partner Ecosystem (Remote)
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role
Given our aspiration to make event streaming (‘data in motion’) the central nervous system of the modern digital business, a robust cloud partner ecosystem is not only essential to our success but represents an x-factor opportunity as we create this new event-streaming category.
As the Partner Strategy & Analytics Manager, you will work closely with the Global Partner Ecosystem leadership team to define strategy, improve performance and productivity, and drive long-term profitability. You will apply strong critical thinking skills, an analytical mindset, and data-driven insights to inform key decisions for the business. Given the nature of the problems you will be working on and the audiences you will need to influence, the ability to structure your recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way is essential in this role.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment. You are more of an athlete than a specialist and have worked across multiple business dimensions, including product and/or market entry strategy, process improvement, data science, and partner ecosystem. You create and deliver high-quality executive dashboards and storyboards, but are equally effective with influencing people across all levels of the organization. A background in management consulting and/or a partner ecosystem strategy and analytics role similar to this one is highly desirable.
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis, and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives
- Conduct research and provide value-added, data-supported recommendations for strategic growth initiatives (TAM analysis, partner evaluation, ecosystem design, business case development, ROI analysis, new market entry, etc.)
- Analyze the team’s performance data, identify trends, and create multi-level dashboards to improve efficiency and profitability
- Collaborate effectively with other organizations (Product, Sales, Finance, Marketing)
- Become a trusted advisor to the entire leadership team
- Strong understanding of partner ecosystem strategy, operations, management, planning, and analysis in the SW industry
- Strong understanding of enterprise SW businesses, with extra points for depth in data and analytics ecosystem, open-source, o4r
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail, experience using reporting and analytics applications preferred; Salesforce and Tableau a plus
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally across all areas of the business
- Experience in working with people across the globe and appreciation of the cultural nuances when doing so
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a strong plus
- Advanced skills in Excel and Tableau; Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
- Self-starter, able to establish own priorities, initiatives and drive to closure
- Works well under the pressure of heavy workload, time constraints, and shifting priorities
Why you will enjoy working here
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role but also contribute to the health, happiness, and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company-wide and team events.
Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble, and empathetic
Hard-working, you get things done Hungry to learn in a field that is ever-evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team, and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest-growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication, and inclusivity.
Come meet the dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.