Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Security Engineer
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
- A creative and solution-oriented attitude. You’ll leverage this when finding solutions that work for all stakeholders.
- The patience to fully understand our partner teams’ processes and goals.
- You’ll need this so you can implement thoughtful, complementary security solutions.
- The ability to build automation into security processes.
- You’ll need this to reduce the security burden on our partner teams and support extremely rapid growth across the company.
Level of Impact
- Own projects from end-to-end
- Design solutions that take into account all parties’ needs
- Communicate effectively cross functions
- Proactively identify problems with project requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations), and communicate these issues early to help course-correct
- Are persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatching them efficiently and pulling in others as necessary
- Mentor junior security team members
- Experience participating in security compliance efforts, including SOC 2 and IT-SOX.
Benefits & Perks
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.