With the world’s largest database of more than ten million genotyped customers, 23andMe is at the forefront of using human genetics to advance biomedical research and transform healthcare. Join our growing research team in translating genetic discoveries into insights into molecular biology of human traits and diseases.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You must have extensive experience in the field of neuroscience as well as computational expertise. You will also have a track record of collaboration with scientific thought leaders, and be expected to establish and leverage an external network of academic and industry collaborators, advisors, and advocates in the field.
The ability to effectively convey the program’s strategy, ideas, and results to other scientists and nonscientists is key. You should have a demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external audiences, as well as the ability to build, mentor, and lead a team of scientists.
Most importantly, you must be passionate about the program’s mission of “curing Parkinson’s disease by preventing Parkinson’s disease” as well as helping people living with Parkinson’s disease, their families and caregivers. You will be dedicated to incorporating the perspectives of individuals impacted by Parkinson’s disease into all aspects of the program.
Senior or principal leveling will depend on experience.
What you’ll do
The Senior/Principal Scientist, Parkinson’s Disease Research, will provide scientific leadership and strategic direction for 23andMe’s Parkinson’s disease research program. You will be responsible for setting the scientific direction of the Parkinson’s disease research program, including identifying and engaging key internal and external stakeholders, as well as establishing and managing a portfolio of collaborative scientific projects that take advantage of and expand 23andMe’s unique abilities and maximize the impact of participant contributions.
What you’ll bring
- Scientific Expertise
- PhD in Neuroscience or related field with at least 5 years of experience post-PhD
- Ability to provide strategic direction for the Parkinon’s disease research program, incorporating scientific and business goals
- Expertise or hands-on experience with “Big Data” science applied to neuroscience
- Ability to represent the company and Parkinson’s disease research program at appropriate scientific, non-scientific, and other professional meetings
- Leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead directly and by influence, including strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional communication skills across many mediums. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and develop senior and junior scientists
- Significant track record of setting and implementing strategic goals
- Deep understanding of the Parkinson’s disease research landscape
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.