23andMe is looking for a Senior Product Manager on the Monetization team to be responsible for delivering a best-in-class subscription experience while exploring the next phase of premium products for our genotyped customers. At 23andMe, our Monetization team plays a crucial role in the growth of our offerings and how we can utilize our expertise and partnerships to help our customers be proactive in their health journeys. You will play a key role in rallying our cross-functional partners and exploring third parties to empower our customers with tools to take a deeper look into their genetics and everyday behavior.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Manage the strategy and direction for how 23andMe+ and premium offerings are layered into each customer’s entire journey, from acquisition to onboarding to re-engagement
- Ensure our channels make it easy for our customers to recognize the value of and purchase 23andMe+
- Partner with the Marketing team on pricing and packaging efforts for 23andMe+
- Work with other teams to identify and explore appropriate product integrations to increase the value of 23andMe
- Maintain a joint product roadmap for monetization efforts on the ecommerce site and within the genotyped product experience
- Identify pain points and purchase flow inefficiencies with essential partners, build business cases to address them, and brainstorm product opportunities for improvement
- Manage a pipeline of product features and enhancements; constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals and overall product vision
- Communicate priorities, requirements, plans, and project status within key stakeholders throughout the organization on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with engineering and design to plan, build, and launch features; facilitate communication, organization, and task management from concept through launch
- Define success metrics for, measure, and evaluate business impact of product efforts, continually optimizing the sales funnel
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years of experience in product management at a technology company
- 2+ years of experience managing cross-functional growth initiatives across user-facing products
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity with financial forecasting. You use data to identify impactful opportunities and drive strategic decisions.
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and organizational skills. You are clear and effective across different types of audiences.
- Track record of developing features or functionality requiring a high level of user-centric design and iteration.
- Innovative thinking and problem solving. You’re able to translate business objectives and nebulous ideas into highly successful, creative consumer products.
- Proactive leadership. You listen well and convince others to pursue both completely new experiences and optimizations of existing flows that best serve the company mission.
- Passion for health, our customers and the problems we’re solving.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, engineering, or business
- Familiarity with UX and information architecture best practices
- Experience working with subscription services and/or third party integrations
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.