Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our Therapeutics team, established in April 2015, has been actively identifying novel drug targets using 23andMe’s unparalleled database and developing a portfolio across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, immunology, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Provide biological interpretation of genetic signals identified in the 23andMe database
- Extend existing target discovery efforts to incorporate additional data types and novel analysis methods
- Develop tools and reports that integrate genetics and functional genomics to drive target discovery
- Contribute to on-going therapeutic development programs by analyzing in-house and external data to add biological understanding, extend possible indications, identify clinically relevant disease subtypes, etc.
- Partner with discovery and molecular biologists and summarize in silico results in ways that enable efficient decision making
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genetics or a related field
- Industry experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology research
- Knowledge of biology in at least one disease-relevant area (e.g., cardiovascular diseases, oncology, immunology, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in the analysis of RNA-seq or microarray data, and differential gene expression analysis
- Experience developing robust data analysis software in R and/or Python
- Experience leading complex projects and/or managing other individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as part of interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to convey complex computational results to colleagues from a wide range of life sciences backgrounds is essential
- Expertise in genetics, and interpretation and fine mapping of genetic association signals
- Fluency with tools and methods for processing functional sequencing data (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq or similar)
- Hands-on experience working with large scale *omics datasets
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.