Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. For exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated strategic partner manager to join our New Ventures team to develop and manage partnerships across key verticals including but not limited to P&C Insurance, Insurtech, FinTech, Proptech, Financial Advisory or Wealth Management to help us achieve our next stage of growth.
This individual will have experience working across functions and with multiple stakeholders to drive innovation and business growth. This is a great role for someone who is driven, collaborative and process oriented, and wants to be part of a newly formed team within a fast moving organization.
- Identify, negotiate, and execute strategic partnerships within key verticals
- Manage existing partnerships to ensure they’re optimized for mutual success
- Develop industry knowledge to identify and prioritize new opportunities and build key relationships with decision makers, both internally and externally
- Define, prioritize and execute key initiatives
- Drive cross-functional collaboration and alignment across product, legal, and finance
- Intellectual horsepower to think through and address competing priorities in parallel
- 5 years of experience in business development at a high-growth B2C or B2B2C tech company
- Desire and ability to take initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and a bias towards action
- Creative thinker and deal maker. Experience with distribution partnerships strongly preferred
- Highly driven, with an ability to successfully work independently
- Experience with product partnerships and API integrations
- Familiarity with building business cases to help with opportunity sizing and prioritization
- Prior experience in FinTech, P&C Insurance, Insurtech, Proptech, Financial Advisory or Wealth Management