People Operations Coordinator
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is America’s Longest-Running Self-Driving Truck Program and is bringing autonomous freight mainstream. As covered by the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes, TechCrunch and and other outlets, Embark has announced plans to go public via a $5.2 billion SPAC deal that is intended to provide Embark $614 million to fund future expansion. Currently, Embark moves freight between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. Embark has aligned itself with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate Embark trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Working closely with Embark’s People Operations Specialist, a successful candidate in this role will ensure the quality of streamlined HR processes and procedures. You not only live in the details - you find joy in finding details overlooked by others.
- Assist in data migration with 100% accuracy as we upgrade our HR techstack
- Responsible for overall data integrity of employee data; lead process improvement to ensure data quality for org changes, role changes, terminations, and leaves of absence
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-demand and ever-changing environment while demonstrating flexibility, professionalism, and good judgment
- Assist with employee inquiries regarding policies and procedures and confidently direct questions to the correct departments.
- Handle administrative paperwork for the People & Culture team, including populating spreadsheets, creating onboarding and offboarding documentation, and ensuring compliance training is completed for all employees.
- Maintain communication across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure employees have a clear understanding of HR programs and processes
- Stay up to date on HR laws and practices where we have employees (payroll, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Manage ad hoc project execution
- BA/BS degree (may be replaced with equivalency of 5 years of relevant experience)
- 4+ years of HR-related work experience in a high growth organization in addition to educational or experience requirements
- Extreme concern for data integrity
- Desire and natural curiosity to grow in the People field
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- A willingness work autonomously - to initiate tasks and perform duties without direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with the ability to raise problems when necessary
- Strong communicator with demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally and strong attention to detail
- Experience with being the face of HR, representing policies and practices to managers and employees across the organization