Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
The Infrastructure organization at Embark casts a wide net over Embark’s engineering and has a major impact across the entire stack. We are a rapidly growing, highly functional team responsible for
– All data engineering efforts for Embark petabyte-scale data lake, powering simulation, ML, and deep vehicle performance analysis
– Real-time fleet monitoring systems, including live streaming of video and various sensor data over LTE
– Remote operation systems
– Cloud infrastructure for our web-based products & machine learning
– CI / CD pipelines
– Vehicle software platform
As a DevOps engineer, you’ll be a part of the Core Infrastructure team helping scale our CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, alerting, provisioning, and configuration management. We are looking for a DevOps engineer passionate about building robust solutions, with a focus on security, and improving developer experience.
You will be the first DevOps engineer on our team. This is a high-impact role with an opportunity to shape policies, standards, guidelines and governance related to both CI/CD and developer operations.
- Set up, maintain, enhance & scale our Jenkins CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and update Ansible playbooks to maintain consistent configurations for on-prem servers, in-vehicle compute servers, and developer machines
- Manage and improve processes around observability, metrics collection, alerting, and logging using the ELK stack or tools like Datadog and Sentry
- Integrate our Kubernetes deployments with monitoring services and optimize our AWS resource usage and costs
- Provide operational support to maintain high availability and reliability of our applications
Your Experience Might Include
- 2+ years of experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- 2+ years of experience managing infrastructure on a major cloud platform (AWS, GCP or Azure) to support a fast-growing team
- 2+ years of experience with managing CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI. Scaling experience will be a plus
- 2+ years of experience with a scripting language. Python and Bash are competing for the title of our favorite scripting languages!
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Strong communication, information management, and technical writing skills
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Embark in the Press: