Senior Software Engineer, Simulation
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is America’s Longest-Running Self-Driving Truck Program and is bringing autonomous freight mainstream. As covered by the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes, TechCrunch and and other outlets, Embark has announced plans to go public via a $5.2 billion SPAC deal that is intended to provide Embark $614 million to fund future expansion. Currently, Embark moves freight between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. Embark has aligned itself with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate Embark trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Autonomous Vehicle Systems team works on core software infrastructure and tooling for our self-driving system. It also includes our simulation and maps, infrastructure teams.
Simulation is one of Embark’s most important tools. We rely on simulation heavily in order to develop the autonomy software at the heart of our truck. As a Software Engineer on the Simulation team, you will be responsible for developing a wide variety of areas in our simulation stack.
- Develop high-performance, reliable, deterministic simulators that work in both large-scale and small-scale simulation contexts
- Improve our simulation pipeline in areas such as hardware-in-the-loop, lock-step, open-loop, and closed-loop simulations
- Dig into and work closely with the autonomy stack in order to improve the interfaces with simulation
- Design and improve interfaces to high fidelity simulators
- Improve debuggability of the autonomy stack
- Design observers to gather metrics on how simulations are doing
- Design tools to create and extend parameterized scenarios
Experience should include:
- Strong modern C++ programming skills
- Experience working on software for a product with multiple customers
- BS and/or advanced degrees in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience working on an autonomous vehicle simulator or other robotics application
- Experience working with ROS or other robotics middleware
- Experience writing high-performance C++ in industries, such as game development, high-frequency trading, or aerospace
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Embark in the Press: