Technical Product Manager, Data Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is America’s Longest-Running Self-Driving Truck Program and is bringing autonomous freight mainstream. As covered by the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes, TechCrunch and and other outlets, Embark has announced plans to go public via a $5.2 billion SPAC deal that is intended to provide Embark $614 million to fund future expansion. Currently, Embark moves freight between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. Embark has aligned itself with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate Embark trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Product team sets the direction and priorities for our growing Engineering organization. We build close relationships with truck drivers and engineers alike so that we can empathize with them and understand the self-driving problem as deeply as possible. We analyze on-road data with a fine-toothed comb and develop system requirements from first principles. We develop strategies and roadmaps for the team using metrics that we build from the ground up. We understand we have a responsibility to communicate these plans and our progress to the company to keep everyone accountable and ultimately accelerate the deployment of safe self-driving trucks.
Data is core to everything that we do at Embark. Our fleet of self-driving trucks generate petabytes of valuable data from the road, and this data powers all of our engineering processes that enable us to deliver on our mission. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding and empathizing with the consumers of our data pipelines and tools, setting the product vision and defining the roadmap for these systems. You will also be responsible for communicating these artifacts across the company. You will spend your day-to-day with the Data Infrastructure team to learn from them, understand their problems and ultimately work hard to unblock them so they can execute on the roadmap.
- Develop a shared product vision and roadmap in close collaboration with engineering managers, data infrastructure and other technical experts, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Work with the infrastructure team to execute on the roadmap, unblock them when needed and re-prioritize as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between the infrastructure team and the users of their products. You will gather user requirements, build product requirements documents and facilitate communication between the infrastructure team and these users.
- You will hold your team and those around you to high standards of quality and execution.
- Develop or improve processes to ensure cross-functional alignment between teams and projects.
- Communicate roadmap and priorities clearly to a variety of stakeholders across the entire company.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a highly technical environment.
- Experience working as a data or data infrastructure engineer is a big plus.
- BS, MS or PhD in science, math, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- A proven track record of setting a compelling product vision and executing on this vision.
- A deep empathy for the general driving public and an understanding of how our technology impacts them.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills.
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Kiana and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights:
Embark in the Press: