Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood vision is to become the most trusted, lowest-cost, and most culturally relevant money app worldwide. Payments (Cash) Engineering organization builds, runs, and maintains all the payment systems necessary to provide various payments capabilities (savings and spending products, etc.) to fulfill the needs of our customers and Robinhood vision. This team is responsible for building all the platform complexities that come with managing money like money movement rails, accounting services, financial instruments, etc.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
As the Tech Lead of Payments , you will act as a technical leader, systems architect, problem solver, coder and liaison to other engineering/product groups.
Payments (Cash) Area Tech Lead will be responsible for:
- Creating and driving the area’s technical strategy and roadmap based on broad and deep understanding of the Payments domain.
- Making strategic technology choices.
- Setting technical standards.
- Guiding implementation and maintenance of Payments Services.
- As necessary, going deep into technical areas (e.g. Postgres, MemCache, Kafka) with hands-on approach to root-cause tough correctness or performance issues.
- Continuously improving reliability, scalability, and correctness of all services within Payments while holding the highest security standards.
- Continuously improving operational excellence, efficiency, and sustainability of all Payments production services.
- Mentoring senior and staff engineers and up-leveling the Payments engineering organization.
- Making hard tradeoffs about taking on or paying down technical debt while making forward progress on new products and features.
- Collaborating with other Area Tech Leaders across Robinhood, to ensure that Robinhood’s overall technical direction is coherent, effective, and efficient while balancing that against Payments’s technical needs driven by unique challenges.
- Recruiting Staff+ engineers for Robinhood.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years technically leading large engineering organizations with multiple teams.
- Strong technical judgment and expertise with a focus on reliability, scalability, and correctness.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and influence skills.
- Strong partnership and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly learn complicated business domains in a highly regulated space.
- Experience with teams that work in a highly-collaborative fashion and focus on optimizing for customer value.
- Python/Django/Postgres architectures
- Experience with financial systems.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store, Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
- Kafka and Celery as our task queue.
- Deployed using Kubernetes in AWS Cloud.