Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
This will be a remote work position until 2022. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, with offices in Lake Mary, FL, Denver, CO, and London, UK.
About the role
As an individual focused on Engineering and Product, you will play an integral part in Robinhood’s success by driving financial planning processes, providing decision-making support, and working with various business partners to develop strategic analysis around key business initiatives. Key prior initiatives have included driving operational efficiencies and developing strategic scalability frameworks.
This role suits those with a bias towards action and impact, who believe in end to end execution and accountability. You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, operational, and visionary. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling case. You can also step back and contribute meaningfully to our long term strategy.
- Supporting engineering and product stakeholders by preparing capital allocation frameworks to support investment recommendations on headcount funding and prioritization.
- Partner with cloud engineering and finance to help define relevant KPIs and establish a framework for ongoing reporting and analysis
- Partnering with other XFN teams to ensure alignment of strategic objectives and team resourcing
- Conducting sophisticated data analysis and research that results in compelling recommendations for our teams and leaders
- Developing a meticulous and detailed understanding of both our long term strategy as well as our core product, technology stack, and financial metrics
- Developing creative solutions to problems using qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market sizing to settle product prioritization, benchmarking, organizational planning and its effect on org. velocity, unit economics & return on investment)
- Partnering with the business and find opportunities to build efficiencies, appropriate metrics to supervise business performance
- Serving as a cross-functional liaison, strategic advisor, and execution partner to leads of Robinhood’s Product, Design, Research, and Engineering teams
- Leading critical initiatives end to end from conceptualization to analytics to recommendations to project leading cross-functional teams to drive impact
- Leading strategic and financial planning processes for the teams you support (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of finance experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in investment decisioning, forecasting, and budget/expense management
- Solid project management skills and ability to execute collaboratively across complex, matrixed environments
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics, and the business judgement to balance the details while not losing sight of the big picture
- Proven ability to lead multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
- A positive attitude. This means a desire to work hard, be creative, stay curious, and maintain a can-do approach.
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external partners including leadership.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all partner needs.
- Familiarity with analytical tools (SQL, Looker) and financial reporting software (Oracle, Planful)
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Familiarity with leading cloud and/or infrastructure spend