Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Benchmarking team is a diverse group of professionals, who work across four verticals: Product/Market, Finance/IR, Internal Operations, and Customer Loyalty. We collaborate with teams across the organization to drive decision making on our highest level company priorities. The Financial Benchmarking and Strategy Associate will join a growing team within the benchmarking function that assesses all aspects of Robinhood’s financial performance against competitors, working to outline growth opportunities, identify performance gaps, and advise on industry practices.
As a Benchmarking Associate, your day-to-day will include a mix of both rolling responsibilities (incl. analyzing company releases, performance trends etc.) and deep dives on questions of interest (e.g. analyzing competitor business models, sizing market opportunities etc.). In joining the team, you will own programs that help deepen Robinhood’s understanding of our competitive environment, contextualize our company performance and improve our decision making.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic problem solver, who can scope projects, conduct research, analyze information, and distill/present insights. Benchmarking Associates also partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and operate with significant autonomy.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Research and Analytics: Source, structure, and analyze data to find opportunities and threats.
- Program Management: Support complex programs, align scope with cross functional partners and present results to team members
- Industry and Marketplace Expertise: Become a go-to specialist for your work steam, developing a sound understanding of industry trends, standards, innovations, and competitive insights.
- Navigating Ambiguity: Distill complex business problems into their core elements and prioritize work that helps Robinhood improve and grow.
- 1-3 years of related experience, ideally at a management consulting firm, investment firm, or a strategy role at a technology company.
- Robust qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, incl. familiarity with financial statement analysis and intermediate-level SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong business sense.
- Ownership mentality, utilizes creative approaches and knows how to get things done.
- Self-starter who can navigate ambiguity and an evolving work environment.
- Strong communicator with broad facilitation skills; able to influence decision making and engage audiences across levels and functions.
- Advanced Excel skills, including use of index match, pivot tables etc.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).