Snap a Pic & Pay Any Bill in Seconds
About the Role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on Papaya's Consumer team, you will contribute to new offerings and core products to improve user experience, develop new features, and drive outcomes for major business goals. You can expect to solve hard technical problems, and will work with engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders on projects requiring frontend and backend development.
Remote engineers in the continental United States are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems
- Write well designed, testable and reliable backend and frontend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Use external APIs that span all areas of financial technology, banking, and payments
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience on great engineering teams
- Flexibility; you can seamlessly switch gears between cranking out prototypes and carefully architecting systems for correctness, reliability and security
- Best practices; you're technologically flexible, and can choose the best tools for the job (our backends are primarily Java and PHP code running on AWS and our frontends are primarily React and Vue)
- Experience on frontend development across many browsers and devices a major plus
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021! Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!