Snap a Pic & Pay Any Bill in Seconds
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to help us deliver the best Bill Pay experience to our users. You’ll own the entire “Pay by Picture” user experience end to end: from the time users first learn about Papaya through paying their first bill all the way to returning to pay many more.
A passion for delivering world class mobile UX and a track record of supercharging engagement and retention by centering on users is a prerequisite. We are on a mission to reduce financial stress in people’s lives and your contributions will be vital in helping us maximize our impact.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Synthesize a roadmap centered on user needs gathered from surveys, interviews and other user feedback
- Be accountable for owning and driving our P/M fit metric
- Drive user engagement and retention for our core Bill Pay UX
- Work cross functionally with Engineering and Operations to ensure that Papaya delivers a high quality service, including by championing improvements to internal processes and tools
- Foster a culture of Continuous Discovery at Papaya
- Hands on to start, build a team as we grow
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- 8+ years of Product Management experience, several of them in a leadership role accountable for shipping world class consumer mobile products
- Experience formulating and implementing engagement and retention strategies at scale
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise seamlessly between functions
- High degree of ownership within ambiguous environments and the ability to keep up with the changing nature of startups
- 3+ years of experience hiring, coaching and leading a team of Product Managers
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.