Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What is this role
The Sales Solutions Associate will ensure that the company is maximizing opportunities for customers (cities, retailers, platform partners) by deploying the most comprehensive and effective suite of product solutions. Sales Solutions works cross functionally to create and execute on opportunities with our key customers. Sales Solutions has a comprehensive knowledge of all the company’s products and services and has the ability to map those products and services to the most promising opportunities within the customer pipeline.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer/closer” attitude, strong strategic skills, strong customer empathy, ability to scope the solution with an eye to speed and completeness, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- External Customer Relationship Management
- Work with sales and account management to identify product and solution opportunities for our customers; drive initiatives forward with our key accounts
- Develop and help to sell product and solution oriented proposals
- Works with the sales team to manage and develop opportunities and customer pipelines
- Manage the deployment and execution of product based solutions for our customers
- Work with account management to ensure that product based solutions are being utilized effectively by both internal and external teams
- Customer Needs Diagnosis
- Diagnosing the tech/data issues that cities are having and provide solutions to those needs/issues. As the number of vehicles being deployed on the street increases to the level of permit capacity, challenges that require sales engineering support increase proportionally. This role spans the gap between Bird’s operations team (front line on customer management) and Government Policy who manage the city sales relationship.
- Customer Facing Technical Sales & Marketing Documentation
- Serve as the customer facing SME on Bird vehicle, products and services. Ensure customer facing sales material are technically accurate and high polish.
- RFP Polish
- Sales Solutions will be responsible for ensuring all technical information in RFPs is accurate and passes editorial polish expected of a winning RFP
- Demo Presentations
- Sales Solutions will be responsible for ensuring customer facing demos are prepared and executed effectively.
- Solution Design
- Sales Solutions works with Product on solution design.
- Deploy Solutions
- Sales Solutions will support Field Engineering and Operations to deploy the right solution in market that aligns to the needs of that particular market agreements. Measure the success of our projects. Create a feedback loop with product based on customer use cases and fit
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of total experience in Sales Engineering, Product Operations & Product Management
- Experience in a B2B external customer sales focused company required
- Experience specifically at a high growth startup or technology company preferred, but not required
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Ability to effectively build relationships across the organization, including comfort with pushing back on other stakeholders when required
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Ability to effectively build relationships with external customers (City constituents) to understand their needs, and address their concerns.
- Experience building business cases for investment and effectively managing sales expenses
- Experience managing project / product roadmaps
- Strong Excel / Google Sheets /Tableau skills and general comfort / expertise in working with large data sets;
- Proficiency in synthesizing analysis and insights into Powerpoint / Google Slides presentations for executive audiences
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.