Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
United States of America
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Bird is looking to grow our legal team to support the needs of our growing business.We are looking to add a Corporate Counsel, Securities with 5-8 years of broad corporate securities and SEC reporting experience. Reporting to Bird’s Managing Counsel, this position will play a key role in our public company transition and compliance efforts, and regularly work with executives and leadership across Bird.
- Provide legal oversight and management for public company reporting obligations, including ’34 Act filings and proxy statements.
- Provide counsel on all public disclosure related issues, including oversight of quarterly earnings releases and investor relations disclosures.
- Oversee securities law administration and compliance (e.g. equity incentive plan matters, securities trading policy administration, Regulation FD, transfer agent oversight and matters with respect to other securities laws and NYSE requirements).
- Advise on corporate governance, including board and committee materials and compliance.
- Assist with capital markets transactions and associated legal documentation (e.g. offering documents and registration statements).
- Build close relationships with leaders in finance, corporate development, and HR, and manage outside counsel.
- Provide additional support on other corporate and commercial matters, including M&A, international expansion, and strategic transactions.
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a large law firm and/or in-house legal department of a public company with demonstrated experience in public company corporate and securities compliance.
- Deep knowledge of securities laws and SEC reporting requirements. Familiarity with corporate governance best practices in public companies.
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships and project manage teams including internal stakeholders and outside counsel.
- JD from a top tier law school and member of at least one state bar
- In-house experience with a fast-paced technology company a strong plus
- Business minded -- ability to proactively analyze risks and provide business-minded advice and recommendations to thoughtfully drive Bird’s continued success and growth.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.