Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
United States of America
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Operations Associate role will champion high-priority projects. This role will tackle key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. The Operations associate will also work closely with our Fleet Manager partners to assist, guide and ensure they are set up to succeed. The fleet manager program is a new global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses interested in operating a fleet of scooters in their city.
Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will work with our General Managers to tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Drive the vision and execution of world class operations within your city
- Work closely with other members of the Bird team, measure the impact and efficiency of processes while identifying news ways to create value to the business
- Regularly interact with the fleet management team and guide their execution strategy. Look around corners to ensure the team is making positive decisions to ensure the long-term success of their and Bird’s businesses, as well as all of our city and customers. Coach them to optimize their performance.
- Develop local services or programs customized to your city that support other teams at Bird; scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Engage in zone design and plan and assign daily activities within each to optimize performance
- Be a hard-working multi-tasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- Be a motivator for the team and provide leadership during response situations
- Be solution-oriented and help resolve FM escalations. Patient and willing to provide adequate time to interact with FMs to listen to their concerns and challenges. Able to find a path forward in difficult situations.
- Project management experience and proven ability to deliver results
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Previous experience communicating with and negotiating with external stakeholders. High service orientation and empathy.
- Be a down-to-earth team player who can balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data required will make you much more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, get in the field, and lead by example
- Strong Excel / data management / Powerpoint skills
- Knowledge of SQL
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.