Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Software Engineer - Connect Serverless Infrastructure
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Connect Engineering organization, you will be working closely with the team and other key stakeholders to design, architect and build out our Serverless Infrastructure ready to achieve our 10x scaling goal and beyond. You will be driving key design decisions and delivery of our next-generation Serverless Platform. You are not confined to the status quo and you leverage your expertise in large-scale distributed systems to help take our platform to the next level. You worry about key operational aspects (availability, security, reliability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, disaster recovery) of our Connect Serverless Infrastructure, and you make sure that we have a highly-available, resilient and secure offering that some of the world’s largest businesses can rely on. If you love the hum of big data systems, thinking about how to make them run as smoothly as possible, and want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems
- Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Serverless Infrastructure development (AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Functions)
- Experience with Virtualization and Virtual Machine development (Linux KVM, Docker, Firecracker, Web Assembly / WASM, eBPF)
- Experience working with Java/JVM
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience with open-source development
- Experience developing and/or using Kafka Connect
- Experience working with stream processing technologies
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Security experience
- Preferred proficiency with one or more of C/C++, Go or Rust
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.