Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Senior Software Engineer - Native Cloud Integrations
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
In this role as a Sr Software Engineer at Confluent, you will drive our Cloud partnership charter for India. The Cloud Partnerships team is focused on building a platform that acts as a fabric connecting Confluent Cloud to public cloud ecosystems and other SaaS vendors. We optimize towards win-win-win outcomes for our customers, partners, and Confluent. Make Confluent available to public cloud customers via familiar cloud-native interfaces for a seamless and delightful user experience. Come join us on the journey!
What you’ll do
- Solve challenging problems that will disrupt stream processing space
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud and on-prem environments
- Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: stream processing, Big Data, and analytics
- Collaborate with others in engineering and product leadership to create the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for your team
- Effectively communicate the roadmap and strategy within the team and across the organization
- Create and manage processes that enable team members to do their best work
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 6+ years of software development experience.
- Ability to ensure a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management issues
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently.
- Ability to move fast, build in increments, and iterate. A sense of urgency, a mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills.
- Ability to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques
- Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in computer science is preferred.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.