Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help! We’re looking for an HR M&A Director who will own, end-to-end, our HR deal and integration strategy and execution for transactions of all types and sizes, in partnership with our Corporate Development, People, and Leadership teams. In this role, you will bring well-developed program and project management skills, combined with a deep understanding of organizational change. You will work hand in hand with key partners on people-focused projects that enable us to scale our business. With both a strategic lens and passion for detail, you will support a diverse array of projects from origination through final implementation.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Serve as the PeopleX lead for end-to-end HR M&A integration planning and execution for transactions of different types and sizes from due diligence through integration
- Partner with M&A partners during due diligence, including making recommendations on HR strategy, organizational design, change management & culture assimilation strategies, deal model assumptions, purchase agreement terms and operational HR risks
- Serve as the liaison to various business groups (Compensation, Benefits, People Business Partners, Recruiting, PMO, Payroll, HRIS, Equity Administration, Legal, Corp Dev, etc.) with respect to all M&A activities
- Deliver strategic deal and integration recommendations to senior leaders that shape HR M&A strategy and execution and enable the business to execute on key objectives
- Research, recommend and implement solutions help us overcome the challenges associated with M+A integration
- Create and enhance scalable deal and integration playbooks and best practices, leveraging automation and repeatable innovation when possible
- Create and manage a full M&A integration plan in partnership with People Business Partners and other key People team stakeholders
- Coordinates work of all project and integration related efforts including operational issues
- Identify and solve complex cross-functional challenges related to integration, including compensation, benefits, leveling, payroll, recruiting, onboarding, etc.
- Develop and manage project plans, including the identification of resourcing needs
- Oversee the project plan and execution of cross-functional M&A employee experience and change management workstreams including but not limited to organization design, job leveling, employee relations, promotions, talent, acquisition and management, performance reviews and annual People processes such as Performance & Merit Cycle, Open Enrollment, and Engagement surveys
- Train and mentor other members of the PeopleX Centers of Excellence to ensure robust integration support is in place
- 10-12 years experience at a top-tier company with direct M&A deal & integration experience. Examples include: HR mergers & acquisitions, HRBP, compensation, corporate development, or management consulting
- Experience managing deal and integration-related teams
- Passion for building and improving highly cross-functional processes with a proven ability for delivering tangible results and working across teams to unblock bottlenecks
- Track record of creating and leading internal people programs designed for scale in a high growth environment
- Outstanding negotiation, analytical, problem solving, communication, project management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to absorb and process large quantities of disparate information and synthesize quickly
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in startup culture
- Expertise in companies with a global, distributed workforce
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).