Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
IT Support Engineer
Austin, TX, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have five to seven years of progressively increasing responsibilities in an IT Support role, with an emphasis on providing responsive, high quality support for both onsite and remote employees.
- Providing full service internal IT Support to Confluent employees around the globe
- Advanced troubleshooting of hardware and applications, provide technical support and problem solving
- Communication with our users and staff to understand, identify, document and resolve problems
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of users to IT leads or managers
- Be well organized and highly efficient when managing your work
- Be a documentation champion, crafting and refining processes as the organization scales
- Help, teach, and mentor junior colleagues
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
- Promote and represent Confluent culture and core values in all aspects of your job duties to ensure user satisfaction
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years providing hands on and remote IT Support, including wireless network troubleshooting, audio and video conferencing, remote collaboration tools and printer support
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology Field
- 4+ years supporting, working with, and managing the following SaaS Applications: Google Workspace, BetterCloud, JIRA, Okta, Zoom, Office 365, and Slack
- Experience with Jamf Pro, Intune, and other MDM platforms
- Advanced Layer 2 and Layer 3 network troubleshooting experience with Ruckus, Meraki, etc.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products and other ticketing platforms
- Outstanding communication skills: you write good tickets, even better KB articles, and can explain complex concepts to nontechnical audiences.
- Have a curiosity for tech with a strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of standard IT processes such as asset management, employee lifecycle, etc
- A strong dedication to developing technically and to delivering world-class customer service
- In-depth knowledge supporting Windows & Mac Operating Systems
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.