Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Investor Relations Manager
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
This is a key position on our Investor Relations Team, reporting to our Head of Investor Relations. In this role, you will contribute to the optimization of processes and systems as we continue to build a highly regarded investor relations function at Confluent. Your work will involve developing a detailed knowledge of Confluent’s business and financials, contributing to the implementation of an effective investor messaging and targeting plan, and facilitating various investor and earnings events - all with the aim of enhancing Confluent’s image within the investment community and maximizing shareholder value.
What you'll do
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to ensure our operations and communications effectively support the vision, mission, and strategic plan of the Company
- Work with Finance, Accounting, Legal, and Public Relations to ensure consistent communication and disclosure with the SEC filings and the media
- Manage all aspects of the earnings release process including drafting the press release, script, FAQ, earnings and investor decks, and all other earnings-related materials
- Develop a data-driven, proactive and comprehensive targeting program, including building and maintaining strong relationships with our current investor and analyst base, targeting investors for long-term ownership, and driving expanded coverage with quality research analysts
- Plan and execute our investor marketing calendar and prepare briefing materials for senior executives attending investor events
- Run the day-to-day operations of the program: IR website, logistics related to earnings and investor events, research and peer earnings call summary, CRM records, consensus updates, accuracy check on external consensus platforms, etc.
- Perform valuation, benchmarking, competitive, and market analysis to inform investor messaging and corporate strategy Conduct in-depth ownership analysis and provide insight into stock price movements
- Partner with internal stakeholders to execute on ad-hoc and annual events such as the annual meeting of stockholders
- Identify best ideas and practices to help build out a best-in-class IR program
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience working in: investor relations or corporate finance program at a hyper-growth enterprise SaaS and cloud-based technology company; investment banking with a focus on tech; equity research covering software
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a hyper-growth, dynamic environment
- Experience interacting with the Wall Street community and crafting investment narratives that resonate with investors and analysts
- Understanding of GAAP and non-GAAP accounting practices
- Ability to analyze financial statements and perform effective benchmarking and competitive analysis
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Understanding of the overall capital market, securities regulations including Reg FD, and IR best practices
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal communications, and business writing skills
- A high standard of integrity and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Strong work ethic, #oneteam spirit, and the commitment to driving operational excellence with a proactive problem-solving approach
Additional highly desirable experience
- Builder with extensive experience scaling end-to-end IR programs
- A storyteller with the ability to create impactful presentation materials for various levels of audiences
- Experience driving quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc projects from start to finish
- Experience implementing ESG programs
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.