Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Executive Assistant - SF/Bay area
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our growing team of admins. In this role you will be the backbone to the executive you are supporting; communicating with customers, candidates, and employees, maintaining the integrity of scheduling and confidentiality of the executives you support. This role is a great opportunity to learn and grow. You will receive mentorship, guidance and support as we would love to grow all our our EA’s careers. In this role, you will be relied on heavily to aid in the company's top priorities and instrumental in helping us grow. A successful candidate will be positive, adaptable, and comfortable with little to no managerial oversight.
- Manage complex and varying day-to-day schedules, using Google Calendar
- Flawlessly coordinate internal and external meetings, team events, and off-sites
- Partner across departments, internal events, facilities, and executive assistants on all aspects of customer meeting planning and execution.
- Own meeting logistics from start to finish (from catering and room setup to agenda creation and calendaring!)
- Attend meetings, take minutes, track action items, and proactively assemble the appropriate people and resources for effective follow-up
- Book domestic and international travel (including coordination of visas, transportation, lodging, logistics, etc.)
- Maintain Expensify and work closely with finance on closing this aspect of the books
- Work with marketing to coordinate meet-ups, keynotes, talks, press interviews & appearances, etc.
- Exercise strong judgment and discretion with confidential information
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work with a large group and manage a great deal of information, tasks, and relationships
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt and work well with all employees
- You should be extremely detail-oriented and well organized with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Google Calendar and Expensify is a plus!
- 4+ years experience in a role with customer-facing coordination responsibilities, preferably in a technology start-up environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.