Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Director, ISV Alliances [Remote - AMER]
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and high-impact ISV alliances leader to join our Ecosystems and Business Development leadership team. Given our aspiration to make event streaming the central nervous system of the modern digital business, a robust cloud partner ecosystem is not only essential to our success but represents an x-factor opportunity as we create this new event-streaming category.
This is a true strategy-through-execution role. You will drive the vision, prioritization, and development of partnerships with our larger ISV partners and ensure that these relationships deliver against business and strategic goals. You will also be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to lead contract negotiations as well as define and execute on mutual goals and metrics. This will require excellent leadership, business, technology, and relationship skills as you work across all facets of the business to align requisite cross-functional leaders, both at Confluent and with our partners. You will leverage your industry insight and experience to make recommended adjustments to strategy as needed to ensure business and mutual partnership success. To make all this happen will leverage your industry-leading competencies in (a) building and managing a portfolio of ISV partnerships, (b) developing joint business plans, value propositions, campaigns, and GTM strategies, and (c) delivering against aggressive multi-year financial and strategic goals.
- Develop a framework for prioritizing potential partnerships. Work closely with product, engineering, and sales teams to do so.
- Build multiple partnerships in parallel. Bring together cross-functional teams from both sides to define the joint value proposition, go to market, and desired outcomes.
- Bring leadership and structure to joint strategy and GTM plans with partners, including prioritization of verticals, geos, solutions, metrics, financials, and target accounts
- Create and execute long-term and annual execution plans for each partner to unlock the full potential of growth
- Triangulate joint GTM opportunities with multiple ISVs as well as with Cloud partners and Systems Integrators to activate ecosystem plays in the marketFoster relationships at all levels at partner organizations to drive success
- Deliver key metrics and results, and drive alignment with our sales operations, strategy and deal teams to drive to a measurable and successful outcome.
- 10+ years experience in the enterprise infrastructure software industry, with 5+ years of leading ISV alliances, partnership sales, and business development
- Track record of growing an enterprise software business through ISV partnerships
- Highly effective at developing, maintaining, and influencing partner relationships at all levels, especially senior and executive leadership levels
- 5+ years of experience directly leading a partner team
- A ‘doer’ and a player coach, not just a manager. Willing and eager to roll up sleeves and do the heavy lifting, when needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities combined with the ability to clearly articulate complex business proposals and to influence both internal and external stakeholders at executive levels
- Excellent cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills that can quickly bring together Product, Marketing, Sales/Field to execute against partnerships
- Strong market knowledge and ability to create successful growth strategies as well as own and execute on a long-term strategic plan
- A strong business knowledge of data fabrics, message queues, ETL, and Kafka
- A strong working knowledge of key strategic partner strategies, technology offerings, key pain points, and how this fits or intersects with the Confluent offer.
- Demonstrated success at applying analytical skills to long-term business planning that results in tangible business outcomes.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-growth environment while leading the organization through multiple company stages.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.