Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Commercial Solutions Engineer - (remote - Germany)
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the opportunity
Confluent Commercial Pre-Sales Engineers drive the technical evaluation stage of the overall sales process, making them critical drivers of customer success as real time data streams become more and more important in the modern enterprise. In this role you will be the key technical advisor to the Commercial sales team, work very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider Kafka and Big Data communities.
You will be the key technical advisor to Confluent customers as they undertake technical design and development of their end-to-end solution, be conversant with the current state and future roadmap of Kafka in open source, and be able to identify known issues and inform them of upcoming fixes or workarounds. You’ll also be responsible for clear articulation of Confluent’s technical and product positioning to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders, and for forging strong relationships with them throughout the sales cycle and beyond.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, Kubernetes, serverless and/or Big Data products
- Experience of working with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and/or Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Node or Go
- Experience developing ETL applications
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives
- Clear, consistent demonstration of self-starter behavior and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Right now we are specifically looking for someone to support the DACH market so German language skills are a must
What gives you an edge:
- Previous experience building solutions with Apache Kafka
- Understanding of systems operations concepts is highly desirable (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating large-scale massively parallel systems
- Previous sales engineering experience is a plus
- White papers, articles and/or presentations at marketing conferences
Here's what we can offer you:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Delicious Food on us (twice a week)
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.