Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Business Systems - Program Manager
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
The Business Systems team’s mission is to drive a coherent, integrated backbone of supporting software systems that are architected for growth, efficiency, and scale. The team is responsible for the overall global information strategy including systems design, architecture, and roadmap. The Business Systems team is an agile organization that helps improve company efficiency and supports strategic business initiatives in partnership with its respective business stakeholders.
About the Role:
The Program Manager role will lead strategic and impactful company-wide initiatives as a force multiplier focused on increasing execution efficiency. They facilitate cohesive collaboration within and across organizations by providing operational discipline, identifying and mitigating dependencies and risks, and forging strong relationships through effective communication. They will be responsible for developing and implementing a Business Systems Project Management framework, and other core processes essential to Business Systems delivery.
- Lead and manage complex and large-scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives.
- Partner with business operations and business systems team members to define scope and execution milestones.
- Proactively evaluate and resolve obstacles and balance competing priorities through fluid communication with project stakeholders.
- Engage and energize project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Contribute to the delivery process evolution for Business Systems, and remain open to adopting policy and process changes in a fast-moving environment
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Provide regular project status updates to stakeholders
- Develop KPIs & dashboards to measure resource management, project delivery, and other operational metrics
- Document key processes including business requirements and process diagrams
- Effectively manage status and escalations for transparency and successful project execution
- Train and help other leaders to become better in program/project management.
- Run cross-functional meetings and drive decision-making around schedule adjustments, bug triage, and internal and external partner/customer delivery.
- 3+ years of program and/or project management experience, working directly with technical teams
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects in both waterfall & agile methodologies
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to work with both engineering and other non-technical stakeholders.
- Broad technical knowledge across infrastructure, applications, and business processes
- Experience building projects & dashboards in JiraFamiliarity with Asana, and other Project Management tools
- Experience with Lucidcharts, Visio, gliffy, and other diagram toolsPMP, CSM, or other certifications
- Experience with ITIL framework & methodology
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.