Online, self-serve life insurance company.
United States of America
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
Creating a positive and differentiated customer experience is critical to Ethos’ mission and will continue to determine our growth and success in the life insurance industry. We are looking for Customer Experience Associates who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment.
As a Customer Experience Associate at Ethos you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to both new Ethos applicants and existing policy holders. To succeed in this role, you should have a relentless focus on the customer, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills, and exceptional communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service via email, live chat, SMS, and phone, and providing answers to incoming inquiries relating to all Ethos products
- Develop strong understanding and knowledge of Ethos products and processes in order to support customers and act as a resource for internal stakeholders
- Identify customer needs and process requests efficiently and effectively within defined service levels
- Build rapport and gain the respect of customers through clear and transparent communication
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with sales, underwriting, and development teams in order to triage and resolve customer issues
- Meet individual and customer support team goals and objectives
- Identify opportunities for process improvements for assigned functions, collaborating with management to implement agreed upon solutions
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years experience in customer support, customer success, operations, or related role
- Experience in life insurance or related industry a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency working with Salesforce or equivalent support/help desk software
- Strong intellectual curiosity and drive to solve problems
- Excellent time management and prioritization necessary to balance all responsibilities
- Possess grit and can adapt to changes quickly
- Adaptable to change and ability to change tasks quickly with maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent phone presence and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with various departments
- Spanish speaking candidates are strongly preferred
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.