Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Director of Infrastructure
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
As the head of strongDM’s infrastructure...
... you make sure that the cloud infrastructure hosting our products is secure, reliable, and fast. You get to craft and define the future of our infrastructure, making sure that it can scale to meet the ever-growing demands of our business.
What You'll Do:
- Inspire, recruit, develop, and lead top tier talent to work on modern, scalable, and highly available cloud infrastructure
- Own the management of our cloud infrastructure capacity, set budgets, and optimize our cloud infrastructure costs
- Partner with internal engineering teams to define infrastructure, deployment, data retention, and serviceability requirements
- Develop, maintain, and manage metrics and processes which demonstrate the health - reliability & availability - of our systems and products
- Drive the future of cloud infrastructure at strongDM as it continues to scale and meet the dynamic needs of the business
- 5+ years managing infrastructure at a B2B SaaS company
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus (or similar)
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Industry-standard base
- Competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability, 3-month parental leave
- 4 weeks accrued PTO + accrued sick time + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required