Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
Shipping world-class user experiences...
...is the job. Our engineering team works on a product that they themselves actually want to use. It's one of the most difficult products technically to build, and yet, when anyone interacts with it (user or admin), it must feel as light and airy as sitting in a first-class seat to Australia.
The standard: aspire to make access control easy to grok, without sacrificing performance, reliability, or security. Collaborate with engineering, product, and design teams to create a beautiful and seamless experience across every touchpoint.
What You'll Do:
- Technical design and implementation of all strongDM front end interfaces (web, mobile, and desktop)
- Collaborate with product and design teams to consistently deliver experiences to be proud of
- Work with server team to establish secure and performant API request/response shapes
- Performance optimization of real time, high object count web interfaces
- 5+ years building beautiful experiences with modern web technologies in a high-rigor engineering environment
- Deep experience in at least one of: React, Vue, Svelte, Angular (we currently use React)
- Familiarity with cross-platform desktop and mobile techniques (we use Electron)
- Familiarity with TypeScript, GraphQL, and related technologies
- A solid product and design sense, but a love for writing code
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 4 weeks accrued PTO + standard holidays + volunteer days
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required