Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Revenue Ops Manager
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a highly motivatedContract Revenue Manager to join our growing finance team. The candidate will review executed contracts with our clients to ensure the contractual terms have been entered properly in Salesforce as this directly drives billing and revenue recognition. The candidate will also be required to understand how various inputs in salesforce drive billing and revenue recognition in Netsuite. As Attentive expands its product offerings, the candidate in conjunction with various stakeholders will assess, formulate and implement solutions on how to enter those offerings in Salesforce and its downstream impact to billing and revenue recognition. The ideal candidate has previous experience with contract compliance, quote-to-cash activities and controls andwill report to the Accounting Senior Director. The individual will be a critical part of our quote to cash process and will contribute to the enhancement of our accuracy around contracting, billing and control environment. This position will collaborate with stakeholders (Account Executives, Client Services, Sales Operations, Legal, FP&A, Billing & Collections) across the entire organization and play a key role in driving some of the most important strategic decisions we make.
The ideal candidate must be intellectually curious, detail-oriented and be able to identify solutions to complex problems. The candidate must also be results driven and is always looking to improve current state. Must also have a firm foundation and experience around the contracting process and its downstream impacts to reporting. Understanding the importance of controls and ability to work with multiple stakeholders to implement them.
- Represent the finance organization in deal desk to ensure all critical factors are considered before contract execution.
- Be a collaborative partner with the legal, AEs, CS organizations as they draft and execute on various agreements.
- Enforce, oversee and suggest controls to enhance our contracting process.
- Understand the impact of Salesforce data on billing and revenue recognition. Gatekeeper all of Finance data in Salesforce, ensuring data is accurate and reflects the contract terms.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to implement best practice procedures around new product offerings and the flow from contracting to invoicing.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting areas of responsibility.
- Work with the accounting team to ensure successful completion of year end audit by providing documentation to external auditors.
- Manage and organize system of digital records.
- Efficiently manage resources and assess processes, systems, and teams with the goal of implementing improvements.
- Participate in key inter-departmental projects and various ad-hoc projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven work experience as a Contract Administrator, Contract compliance Manager, or relevant role.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Microsoft Excel; SQL, Looker. Netsuite experience a plus.
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors and offerings outside of certain parameters.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on extra responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and challenging working environment.
- Superior time management skills with the ability to balance numerous diverse projects simultaneously.
- 6+ years of combined experience in a private or public company.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.