Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About The Role
At Ethos, we strive to provide every potential customer with the right insurance product for them. The Policy Administration team is core to this strategy. At incumbents, life insurance policy administration is housed in archaic COBOL-based systems created in the 70s. This inhibits incumbents from being able to deliver automated and self-serve experiences to customers - and instead requires hiring teams of operations personnel to manage.
We are building our own internal, state-of-the-art, policy administration platform that will provide us the ability to be flexible, to automate, and to provide seamless customer experiences. You will work with an amazing and diverse team of engineers, policy administration specialists, designers, and insurance product experts to build the industry-leading system.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to get things done. The ideal candidate is innovative and someone who can figure out how we should build technology to solve business operational problems. If you like to get your hands dirty, have strong business acumen to identify and evaluate new opportunities, and have an incredibly deep intellectual rigor and sense of ownership to advocate what is best for customers, then this is the role for you.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Own and drive the vision and strategy behind how we administer policies, and develop a roadmap to realize that vision
- Build automation systems and self-service customer experiences
- Be on the cutting edge of (and push the trillion dollar industry forward on) new ways and data to power insurance
- Get your hands dirty and drive the development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis
- Work cross functionally with engineering, design, other product managers, risk and actuarial teams, and the leadership team to drive alignment and deliver on your roadmap
- Hone your strategic thinking - identify and quantify business opportunities to invest in the ones that will add the most value for our customers
- Own initiatives that drive improvement on the scale of multiples rather than percentages
- A minimum of 6 years of tech or finance or related experience
- A minimum of 4 years experience in developing technical products
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Expert level analytical & quantitative skills
- Demonstrated experience of ideating and launching successful products and features
- Bonus points for experience in insurance, pricing, behavioral economics, and operations research
- Bonus points for competence with SQL
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applic