Online, self-serve life insurance company.
United States of America
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is seeking a highly motivated Senior Revenue Accountant with CPA firm experience as well as public company or start-up experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to fully understand Ethos’ insurance products working with our engineering, financial systems, accounting, and business analytics teams to implement new changes to our systems, processes, and controls.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and analyses in accordance with U.S. GAAP and internal company policies
- Consistently meet month-end close deadlines for assigned tasks
- Support month end/ quarterly / year end operations, AP, Cash, credit card management, and support ad hoc projects as needed
- Perform operational accounting tasks to support overall business, including distributing partner commission statements, coding invoices, reconciling vendor accounts, bank accounts and monitoring corporate credit card transactions
- Develop and maintain documentation of current accounting policies
- Support other accounting team members by researching accounting issues
- Experience in Audit, support year-end financial statement audit by preparing work papers and working directly with big 4 external auditors
- Participate in special projects to review and improve control environment and drive efficiencies
- Partner with the Finance team to analyze historical results and improve information quality
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant transactional accounting, industry experience, or Big4 audit experience (preferred)
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP as well as a strong familiarity with ASC606
- Self-starter and self-motivated to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience in working with stakeholders across all levels within cross-functional teams
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- Strong Excel skills (V look ups, Pivot Tables) and ability to work with large data sets
- Education: B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university. CPA or CPA candidate considered a plus
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.